Thursday, September 16, 2010

Hot Pannini, Hot Pannini

I'm not gonna lie, the picture is terrible and doesn't do it justice. On that note, if any of you have a good camera you aren't using, feel free and pass along if you would like me to take better quality photos :) I don't know why but when it comes to dinner time I feel that we need a meat and three sides, that is the southern girl in me coming out. I know that breakfast for dinner is fun but I normally have a true dinner. But tonight I decided to spice things up a bit and made some Cuban sandwiches and they were good! These would really be great for a group as you can make them ahead and keep them warm in the oven. This was enough for two large sandwiches and one small so you can adjust as needed. Enjoy!

2-3 thinly sliced pork medalions per sandwhich (we had 6)
1/2 cup Alegro marinade
Juice of one lemon
Marinade the pork in this for at least 30 minutes then dump all into a pan and simmer for 25-30 minutes until pork becomes tender.

 For each sandwich you will need
2 Slices Sourdough bread (I love publix bread and slice it myself)
Spicy mustard spread on one side of bread
Mayo (I like Dukes!) spread on other side of bread
6-8 thin pickle slices
3 slices deli ham (I like Sweet Slice Ham by Boar's Head)
2 Cheese Slices (Swiss, Munster, Havarti)
2-3 Pork Medalions already cooked

Assemble sandwich. In heavy duty pan melt a bit of butter and get the pan pretty hot. Place sandwhich in hot butter and set a heavy pan on the top of your sandwich to help it cook evenly (Like a panini press, but I don't have one!) Cook 3-4 minutes on each side Slice in half and serve with plain potato chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment