Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Brownie, Brownie, Bo Brownie - Best Brownie EVER!!!

I have to admit, there are times that I am a cheap date. I like cheese out of a can (I can't believe I just typed that!) Bud Light (on the few occasions I actually drink) and good old Betty Crocker brownie mix. It is hard to beat a dollar mix when you know that 1) it actually is cheaper to make brownies from a box then scratch and 2) you can't really screw them up, that bad. I love chewy fudgie brownies, the kind that stick to the knife when you cut them because they are, what some might consider "under done". My husband is more of an outer edge sort of brownie guy so we make a nice pair. But, his mother is a fudgie brownie sort of gal so when they come into town...I will not go there.
I was looking through a cookbook the other day and came across a recipe called "The Best Brownies" and thought, yeah right! But, I looked over the ingredients and happened to have everything on hand so I decided to go for it. The recipe says it makes 16 servings, but we didn't get that many for some reason. Weird. I was more like six-ish. I mean I had a serving, then went back for one small sliver, then back again, so technically that all counted as one serving. Right? If you don't have these things on hand, stop what you are doing, go to the store to get the supplies and start baking! Your hips, I mean, loved ones will thank you. They are amazing. They are what the perfect chewy fudgie brownie should be. Don't be a cheap date like me on this one, they are worth it. Promise. Once again, if anyone makes this and needs a taste tester, just call and I will be there.

4- 1oz unsweetened chocolate baking squares
3/4 cup butter
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
3 large eggs
1 cup all-purpose four
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
 1. Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease an 8x8 baking pan (I used a smaller glass baking dish and they were perfect)
2. Microwave chocolate and butter in a bowl on high for 1 1/2 -2 minutes, stirring every 30 second until smooth and melted.
3. In another large bowl, whisk together sugars, flour, salt, vanilla. Pour in melted chocolate/butter and stir. Stir in eggs, one at a time and mix just until combined. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 40-50 minutes until set and toothpick comes out clean. Allow it to cool slightly (if you can keep your hands off of it!) before cutting.

No comments:

Post a Comment