Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Little Bite of Happy - Mini Brie Phyllo Cups/ Mini Chocolate Caramel Cups

I love all things small. I live for holiday appetizer parties because I love them. There is something about neat little small one bite things that makes me want to squeal like a schoolgirl. Whether it is mini cheeseballs, blt bites, sausage balls, whatever...I love them! So, when I discovered the mini Phyllo cups in the freezer section a few years back I knew that we would be instant best friends. The crispy crunchy Phyllo is just asking to be filled with anything your mind can think up! I have filled them with everything from chicken salad to feta and asparagus but two of my favorite fillings I am going to share with you today. Because I love you. And I want you to squeal like a girl too after you taste the first bite. I promise, you will be the star of any party with either of these babies. Enjoy!!

Mini Brie Phyllo Cups- Makes 30 cups but can easily be doubled
1 package mini phyllo cups
1 small wedge of brie (don't buy the cheapest kind or it will not be the same)
1/2 cup raspberry preserves

Remove the phyllo cups from the package and place on parchment paper lined foil sheet. Next, place a spoon full of brie into each cup (approx. 1/2-1 Tbsp per cup) You may need to gently mash it into the cup so as it melts the brie doesn't spill everywhere. That would be bad. Next, place a tiny dollop(1/4 tsp) of raspberry on top of the brie. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes until the brie is soft and gooey. Serve right away.
*Variation- If I happen to not have raspberry preserves on hand I will sometimes use apricot preserves or just cook the brie in the cups alone then when they are warm give the whole pan a heavy drizzle of honey. Yum!

Mini Chocolate Caramel Cups
1 Pkg mini phyllo cups
1 jar caramel sauce (I like Smucker's or Hershey)
3/4 c chocolate chips (either semi sweet or bittersweet) I prefer ghirardelli at all times!!!
1/2 cup either chopped honey roasted or lightly salted peanuts or heath toffee bar pieces

Remove plastic cover from phyllo cups but keep them in their neat little package. Next, spoon is appox 1 Tbsp of caramel sauce into the bottom of each up.
Place chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and cook at 30 second intervals until melted, stirring in between. This should only take 1 minute total. Once the chocolate is melted, dip the end of a fork into the warn chocolate and drizzle over the caramel cups. Quickly sprinkle on either peanuts or toffee pieces (or both) and let the chocolate set before serving.
These will keep up to two days at room temp (if they can last that long!)

No comments:

Post a Comment