Tuesday, November 29, 2011

On a Roll!! - Maple Pork Tenderloin

Okay, I know, four posts in one day?! I am trying to make up for lost times. This weekend I put together my giant cookbooks that are full of items and recipes I have seen and torn from all sorts of magazines. Yes, I have even torn some out of magazines from the doctors office. I know, I am that girl! But, when I see something I must have it. I look flipping through the pages of these books. Some of the things I have in my books I clipped in college! Crazy. Other ideas I have in my books I have recently seen resurface on pinterest as "original" and yet I have clippings dating back ten years ago of the same thing! Anyway, I have several new things I want to make and found some of my recipes I scratched in pen in the midst of cooking that I hope to get to sharing with you all soon. I am getting a new camera for Christmas so my plan is to start taking more photos and posting those as well. Because once you start drooling you start cooking, right?!
Well, this recipe is nothing too original, just super yummy this time of year and super simple. It is a maple pork tenderloin and would be divine with creamy cheese grits (although I made noodle kugel with it)
This is great for when you have company and cooks up in a jif!

Maple Pork Tenderloin
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
3 Tbsp pure maple syrup
2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
1 tsp dried rosemary
1/3 tsp salt
2 pork tenderloins (the long skinny ones)

Pour all of the above into a zip lock bag. Rub the mixture all around and over the meat to make sure it really gets in there. You can marinade this for 30 minutes up to overnight.
Remove from mixture and place on a foil lined cookie sheet. Roast at 425 degrees for 20 minutes until meat thermometer registers 180. Remove and let it rest 3-5 minutes before thinly slicing. I like to serve with creamy horseradish sauce.

Enjoy Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment