Monday, December 5, 2011

King Ranch - Homemade Ranch Dip

Ranch dressing might possibly be the most delightful friend that a veggie has ever had. I don't know why but I always feel so healthy when I am sitting down to a big bowl of carrots and ranch. I remember my mom buying huge bottles of Hidden Valley growing up and how it made everything taste better! I love Ranch. I don't know if that is just the Texas girl in me or just America in general but I love it! But, I don't like to pay 2-3.00 dollars for a little bitty two cup container of dip every time I am in the mood from some classic Lay's or carrots. I am way too cheap for that. So, I came up with a homemade ranch-like dip that I am in love with. I LOVE dill and this recipe has a ton of it. You can lay off of the dill a bit but you might be very sorry you did!! Hopefully, you will never buy another overpriced tub of love again!

1 cup good mayonnaise (I know, I sound like a snob. I am about some things and this is one of them. Don't go cheap!)
1 cup sour cream
2 1/2 Tbsp dried dill weed (fresh is best but I rarely have it on hand)
3 Tbsp dried onion flakes
2 tsp seasoned salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp Fresh cracked black pepper

Combine all in a bowl. It is best if it can be made the night before to allow the flavors to fall in love with each other. This is great with veggies, chips, crackers, cheese, grilled chicken, taco topping...anything you can find to dip!

Enjoy Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment